Lana Colvin Albers

Posted on: May 3, 2015        In: Life and Love        With: 12 comments

Dear Readers,
By now you know that Lanabird has gone to her Creator. The obituary is posted on her blog, but does not tell all that I want you to know.

Lana loved the LORD. She loved the life here on earth that He gave her and the eternal life that He gave her through Jesus. She loved His creation, the earth, nature, and the humans that He put here. It was a joyful love. She wanted to use the talents that He gave her to glorify Him.

She was adept at hospitality. She planned, catered and decorated for innumerable parties: holidays, wedding and baby showers, retirements, teas, and any other excuse for fun and fellowship. Her cooking was a labor of love, and she shared that with whomever she thought needed it. Her love for people and for cooking came together in her missions to Mercy Street, a mentoring project in west Dallas.

This is why she started her blog. She wanted to share the beauty and the awe she witnessed in God’s creation in the trips that we took, the flowers that we observed, and the people that we met. The blog was not to spotlight her and her accomplishments, but to glorify God.

When Lana taught second grade, she and her students would sing this Roy Roger’s song each Friday before departing for the weekend:

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin’ until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we’re together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you, ‘till we meet again.

We are all saddened because we will miss her enthusiasm, her laughter, and her loving caring acceptance, but, rest assured when we see her again, it will be the most joyous celebration ever!

Ever Lovin’

P.S. Lanabird.com will continue to be online so friends and family can access Lana’s posts and recipes.

12 Responses
  • Marsha on May 4, 2015

Thank you, Ed, for this loving tribute to Lana.

Blessings to you and your family.

• Pat on May 4, 2015

Ed, your words describing Lana were perfect. Thank you for the post and the picture…it is a real treasure.

• Super Sister on May 4, 2015

Thank you Ed for all the love you have had for Lana over this journey with her. You truly were her “Ever Lovin’. You took such good care of her and the joy you both shared was evident. Your tribute to her is beautiful. Donna

• Marlis on May 4, 2015

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. I shall miss her posts. They were a highlight of my day.

• gala on May 4, 2015

Oh, Ed, thank you so much. A perfectly lovely finale.

• Susan on May 5, 2015

The best girlfriend ever! Memories of being with Lana are treasures!

• Gertie Jeter on May 13, 2015

Ed, you are such a loving Christian man and I am so grateful to’ve known you in high school. I just regret that I didn’t know your beautiful Lana. You have paid the highest tribute to her by showing all of us the love you had for her as well as so much delight. Thank you for sharing her with us as I can tell, if we’d known one another, we would’ve been great friends. I am going to enjoy checking out her blog and thank you for sharing it with us. I will be praying for you and all those who were so close to Lana.

• Minetta Smith on May 19, 2015

Lana and I first met in Bible study at FBC and I was invited into the babysitting club. We’ve had so much fun over the years at church. These past few years have been such a joy as we were retired and had time to visit…oh the fun lunches we’ve enjoyed. She is missed but I know she is decorating her mansion in heaven. I hope we’re neighbors up there. Blessings…

• Julie on June 17, 2015

My deepest condolences to Lana’s family. I only knew her through her website. Out of the millions of sites out there, I treasure Lanabird so much. Her goodness and amazing character shone through…….what a wonderful woman.

Julie
    (Montreal – Canada)

• Febri on February 26, 2016

It’s divine. I mean the whole ouitft. The crown suits you more than Lana, the makeup is perfect, and the dress is just charming. Now as I’ve seen a lot of your posts I can say this is definitely my fave.

• Marsha on May 4, 2016

I’ve looked at Lana’s site so many times over this past year. She is missed very much.

Love,
    Marsha

• Linda on December 16, 2016

I recently started to read your wife’s blog. I really enjoy reading all the different places, people and things she experiences in her daily life. Little did I know she had passed. I am so sorry for your loss but thank you for still posting her blog. I have found not only enjoyment but comfort in reading what she wrote, so thank you.

Comment on this post