Don’t you love it when you make a friend’s recipe and it works? That is what happened to me this morning. I told you I was going to make The Mrs. breakfast quiche, and I did. Oh, Sweet Mother of Pearl, it is so easy to prepare, comes out of the pan in one piece, and is delicious. It does not have a crust, and that frees you to serve whatever breakfast breads you wish.
Ever-Lovin’ is rather reserved with his compliments (and criticisms). When he said, “This is great!” (with enthusiasm), I about fainted. He absolutely loved this breakfast casserole. Good recommendation.
There are only four ingredients, and you might have them in your refrigerator and cupboard.
Eggs, sausage, a small can of evaporated milk, and cheese. How simple is that?
Brown the sausage. Ever-Lovin’ saw this tip on Rachel Ray. Use a potato masher to break up sausage or ground meat as you cook it. It really works. (Super Sister found cooked sausage crumbles in a package at the grocery store. Wouldn’t that make easy work of this dish?)
While the sausage is browning, grate the cheese. This mound of grated cheese was so purty! Makes me hungry just to look at it. (Of course, you can use the stuff in the bag.)
Now mix all ingredients together. Beat the eggs with the evaporated milk and add the sausage and cheese. I did take pictures of this step, but the mixture in the bowl sitting on the granite countertop was not a pretty sight. I’m afraid you would not try this recipe if you saw those pictures, and I wouldn’t want that to happen.
I think this is important. Spray the pie plate with baking spray. You want the quiche to come out of the pan easily.
Place quiche in a preheated 375 degree oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Let it sit a few minutes before slicing. There you have it. How easy is that? Start out your day with a slice of this, and surely, goodness, and mercy will follow you for the rest of your day.
This dish would be great to serve anytime. Serve it for brunch, lunch, or supper. You won’t be disappointed.
Remember to click on the title of the blog at the top of the page to see the recipe.
Love and Blessings to you and yours,
Sausage and Cheese Quiche
By July 12, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Cook: 30 mins
This is an easy and delicious breakfast casserole.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage browned and drained; I used hot sausage, but any you like will do
- 6 extra large eggs you can use large eggs
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk 5 ounces = 2/3 cup
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese grated; I used sharp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray pie plate with baking spray.
- Brown sausage and make into crumbles. (I use a potato masher to break up the sausage while it is cooking.) Drain the fat off the sausage crumbles.
- Grate cheese.
- Beat together eggs and evaporated milk.
- Stir in sausage and grated cheese.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Quiche should be browned and set.
- Let quiche rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- This pie does not have to be for breakfast. Serve it at a brunch, lunch or supper. You won't be disappointed.